Monday, October 19, 2009


Hello! Gia!
So continuing on with 10/18
We traveled around town for the rest of the day, getting lost in all of the windy roads with no names, but we didn't mind getting lost because the scenery was so great. I devoured a strawberry and nuttella crepe that was very messy but absolutely heavenly! So good that I almost forgot that I had the chicken pox.
So remember how I mentioned that the bugs were eating me...that night I ended up having more than twenty bugs bites or hives or whatever they are all over my body.. making last nights rest very miserable. This morning there were too many to count, mostly on my arms and my face.. :( So we took the evening easy, strolling along the beach in the sand listening to music and watching the sunset....how romantic for lizzie and I.. haha. It was fun though. We have met alot of really cool people so far. A lot of fellow backpacking students from all over the world and some really nice and sweet locals.
10/19
So first things first! We went out to find a pharmacy. Since yesterday was a sunday we couldn't do anything about the hive situation. A very cute Greek man named Antonio who didn't speak any english at all showed us along the windy tiny roads for a ways to the pharmacy and I spent my whole ration of euros for food for the day on meds.. It was sooo worth it. They are starting to un-swell and are only the size of quarters now. Enough about the pain. It hasn't really affected how wonderful and charming Mykonos was. We spend the morning hanging out at the port and shopping. Then hopped on the Ferry to Santorini!!

Arriving to Santorini, again with no real plan of where to stay, and I had just woke up from my two hour boat ride nap and still was very groggy and confused. We hop off the bus, and like at the other port were bombarded with people trying to get us to come to there hotel. The first woman who walked over to us offered us a hotel that was nicer than any hostels but still out of our price range. I have never really "haggled" prices before but very easily talked her into letting us stay for 10 euro a night. In no time we were in her car getting a ride to the hotel and I was still dazzed and confused on what had really just happened. I guess since it is the off season they are willing to just fill up the rooms at any price! or I just have some nack for haggling. So we dropped off our bags and made it to the main part of Santorini just in time to grab dinner at a cool very local place.. ( I had lamb and Lizzie had pork Slovuki and we shared some Tzitzi) and finished just in time to see the sunset.. Talk about spectactular! you could see all the islands and the clouds. Again. so romantic. Awe.. So we wandered through the very steep (Santorini is a volcano, so EVERYTHING in uphill.) streets that were so cool. If you close your eyes and think about what you imagined Greece like, this is it but so much better in real life. I wish the camera captured it better. Time is about to run out on my computer. Gotta go ! love you!

4 comments:

  1. no comments... I am hurt. I need some connection to my homeland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Elise you cannot bring back any friends for Marley!! The pictures are great! It looks wonderful. Maybe the 50 bucks were to help you pay for the meds. Keep the blogs coming. Love , Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know you were posting to your blog. Now, I'll be sorely disappointed if you don't post every day. You two sound like you're having a great time! Here, we work, it rains a little, more work, a little sunshine, and work again. Your posts are our escape, too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stories!! Sorry about the hives and such. But it sounds like you got it all taken care of. How was your donkey ride?

    ReplyDelete