Thursday, January 7, 2010

oh 2009.

It is really hard for me to imagine 2010 to be better than 2009. It was a pretty awesome year.

The easiest way for me to categorize the years and events in my brain is by associating them with what shows I was in. I am sure many of you theater people understand. Here is a quick list of things I liked about this year, sorted by show.

THIS IS YOUR LIFE! (on tour through the east coast)
-met a crazy girl, who likes to call herself my friend, named Lizzie.
-strengthened the family ties with my long lost brother Allan.
-Got to travel spending virtually not a dime of my own money. :)
-oh yeah, and I enjoyed teaching kids valuable lessons through the art of the theater...yadda yadda yadda.

GUYS AND DOLLS! (Sugar Factory Playhouse)
- Choreographed my first full length musical!
-Strengthened the family ties with the ma and pa.
-learned to re-appreciate the dedication and passion of a community theater...yadda

GREASE! (J-Hole)
-managed a restaurant like a real grown-up.
-had annoying songs running constantly through my brain.
- made lasting friendships based on the fact we had similar things to complain about.
-lived in the middle of fascinating wildlife and scenery all summer long.. (that i never got a chance to appreciate.)

GREECE!(Not a show, just a country)
um...just plain amazing.. thats all.

CHRISTMAS SHOW! (j-hole, round 2)
-100% freedom as an actor and choreographer. (sometimes its just easier to have someone else tell you what to do)
-By January 3 learned almost all the lyrics to pretty much every Christmas song ever written.
-slept in everyday, in a cute cabin, in the middle of a winter wonderland....can't complain.
-Tried very hard to impersonate Rosemary Clooney, and then gave up cause no one knows who she is anyway.

SOOOO.
-First year out of school- Holla! Hard work pays off.
- Hit approximately 15-20 states and 4 countries!
- Gained some friends.- (weird I know)
-Had a lot of fun. Who knew that being a grown up would be so much fun?!



NEXT YEAR>>>>>hmmmm

-5 countries?? or better, more than a month in one foreign country.....Yes.
-survive another year with out a boring 9-5 job.
-lose 5 pounds.. work-out everyday....oh! be able to do the splits again.
-eat less sugar --GASP---i know. :(
-Be a better friend. This is no secret. I suck at keeping up good friendships.
-find an adorable place to call home, even when I am away for long times.
- be a better mom to my kitty. I will start by not forcing him to stay in my arms while I pretend that he is a cuddly kitty.
- learn how to format my blog so it doesn't look like a three year old uploaded and spaced it.(Just added this last one as I am trying to put up pictures, looks like you don't get pictures this week.)
- I am also up for some friendly criticism on 2010 goals.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment